Monday, November 30, 2015

Reading is a Gift

Reading is such a tremendous gift. Each day in December we will unwrap a book in our classroom to celebrate the holiday and reading. This will give us an opportunity to enjoy and discuss lots of beautiful holiday stories together. I encourage you to ask your child about the books we're reading. You might even get some ideas for a holiday gift.

 Here is some thinking that was shared by a few of the students today after we read Great Joy, by Kate DiCamillo.

Jackson L.- "It makes me think that if you see someone who is poor and they seem really nice you should give them something to eat or drink."

Henry- "I think Frances and the man are friends now."

Liv- "I think Frances' mom will invite the man to their house now."

Simon- "Now the monkey has a friend."

Aidin- "It makes me sad that he is outside and doesn't have a home."


No comments:

Post a Comment